Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Worrying is Like a Rocking Chair

I have received a LOT of advice in my life -- about school, about preparing for a career, about my career, about relationships, etc... but the absolute best advice I've ever received was about life in general... and it was from my husband.

I'm the type of person who constantly worries. I worry that the people in my life get to work OK every morning, I worry that my dog is OK and healthy at all times, I worry that someone is going to break into my house when my husband goes away for the weekend. I'm a worry wort. I always have been and am afraid I always will be.

Which, I'm sure is why I'm worried if this pregnancy is going to stick (although, I do have a past experience that also attributes to this worry). I'm constantly checking my underwear to make sure I don't see anything peculiar (sorry, TMI, but it's the truth) and I'm constantly on my blackberry Googling things to see if it's normal during early stages of pregnancy.

So... what's the best advice I received from my husband? He tells me time and time again...
Worrying is like a rocking chair... it will get you nowhere.

The more I play this little phrase over and over in my head, the more relaxed it makes me. He's right. What is worrying about every little thing going to do? It's completely out of my hands at this point and in God's hands. I should not be worried because I've (and my husband) have done my part.

Although it's difficult to do, I'm going to play this over and over in my head until I know that this pregnancy is a healthy one and I'll carry full-term. I'll also pray a lot and ask God that he let this pregnancy be successful so I can have a healthy baby in February 2010. I'm a good person and am a good mom to my dog; I know I will be the best mom to a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment