Friday, June 5, 2009

Bowling for Baby

So, about a month ago, my husband and I (and two other people) joined a bowling league. While hubs and I have always wanted to be in a league, I also thought it would be a good way to get my mind of TTC, which supposedly is supposed to help TTC.

Not only did I think this would be a good way to get my mind off things, but I also thought it would be a great place for me to go -- no babies, no pregnant women -- nothing to make me think about what's on my mind 24/7.

Until last night.

My team played a team of three people... two brothers... and a pregnant girl. WTF. Can't I get away from pregnant women ANYWHERE I go?! And, to top it off... the girl isn't married (although, she is dating one of the brothers). It makes me INSANE that single girls have babies left and right (trust me, I know quite a few of 'em) and the girls who are in a committed relationship and are building a foundation for a family... cannot get pregnant!

Can you tell I'm having one of those venting days?

I guess the only good thing about bowling the pregnant team last night is that I focused all my energy and thoughts on bowling and tried to block the pregnant girl out of my head as much as I could. And I did that well, because I bowled a killer game last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment