Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Want to Add to Our Family



Welcome, readers. I have no idea what I'm doing with this blog... have no idea how to write a blog... have no idea how to set up a blog... but I figured it's the best way to get my thoughts written down so they're not always in my head. Plus, I figured there are others out there who can relate.


Here's my story... my husband and I decided in August '08 that we were going to try for a baby. We got pregnant in September; I received a BFP on Sept. 29. From then on, I was ecstatic. I knew it could take a year or longer to get pregnant, but it only took us one month!

Weeks went by until I was able to see my doctor (she didn't want to see any pregnant patients until they were 8-10 weeks along). I saw her when I was 9.5 weeks. Everything was "good" according to her -- although, she did no ultrasound and we couldn't hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler (she said this was normal at my stage of pregnancy).

It turned out, when I was 11.5 weeks pregnant, I started bleeding and began to miscarry. Once I was in the ER, I was told my baby was not alive and s/he died at only 6 weeks. Had my doctor had the appropriate equipment in her office, I would've known this 2 weeks prior and wouldn't have thought I was only a few short days away from my second trimester and getting rid of the fear of losing my baby.

That all happened in November and my husband and I started trying again in January. It's now June 3 and still no BFP (and I was due June 7 with my first baby, so you can imagine the week I'm having).

Feel free to use this blog as a site to vent or be upset or offer advice to me or anyone else who may read it.

2 comments:

  1. I miscarried at 11 weeks. I had an ultrasound and they had seen a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat. I knew at a certain point, my baby was gone, but they refused to take my fears seriously. I know how much that hurts. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. twoweekwait -- i'm so sorry for your loss as well. it's not easing coping with losing a baby. if you ever would like to talk, you can give me your email address and i'll write you.

    ReplyDelete