Friday, June 12, 2009

Beer Me?

To give you a little background on me -- I always have a drink in my hand when I'm at any type of social/family function. I don't always get drunk, but I do enjoy a beer or two or a nice glass of vino. That being said, now that I'm a little older (and perhaps hungover), I don't always want to drink. But the problem is, I don't want my family to suspect that I'm pregnant (because I'm not) just because for once in my life I'm not enjoying an adult beverage.

I have a family function to go to tonight. I'm sure alcohol will be flowing. However, I drank almost a bottle of wine last night at the bowling alley and don't really feel like drinking anything today. But do I want to deal with the inquiring looks -- "do you think she's pregnant?" My whole family obviously knows about my miscarriage and that I've been trying for another baby since January 2009, so I know it's a natural thought to wonder if I'm pregnant. But I'm not. And it bothers me. And it bothers me when people think I am. And it bothers me when people ask me if I'm going to ever have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment