Friday, June 26, 2009

Prayer for Motherhood

On Father's Day, my aunt brought some prayer cards for my sisters and me (all unique to something going on in our individual lives). I was fortunate enough to receive a prayer card from St. Gerard and his Prayer for Motherhood:

O good St. Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and Wonder-worker of our day, I call upon thee and seek thy aid. Thou who on earth didst always fulfill God's design, help me to do the Holy Will of God. Beseech the Master of Life, from Whom all paternity proceedeth, to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life and heirs to the Kingdom of His glory in the world to come.

Amen.

I have been carrying this prayer card around with me since I received it. In addition, I started to wear my cross around my neck again (I go thru spurts of different jewelry I wear, but think it's appropriate I wear it now and for the next 8 months).

As I wrote this post, I remembered that the readings during my wedding ceremony were also focused on having children. I chose these readings intentionally because I know couples can have trouble having children and I wanted God to know how badly I want them. Since my miscarriage and now with my second pregnancy, I find myself closer to God and I find a lot of comfort in that. Having God in my life allows me to feel a little more at ease because I know He is with me every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment