Thursday, June 4, 2009

Everyone is Knocked Up

First it was coping with the miscarriage, and now it's coping with the two week wait... while EVERYONE around me is having babies or getting knocked up.

If I could count the number of friends/relatives/coworkers/acquiantances who are pregnant, I think I would die. And as each day passes, it gets harder and harder.

Not only that, but EVERYONE on Facebook (yes, I'm in my upper 20s and have a Facebook account) either has status updates about being pregnant (or their wife being pregnant) or pictures of their growing belly or newly born baby. Every day I tell myself to get rid of Facebook because I can't stand to look at everyone's happiness, while I feel completely and utterly depressed. Why don't I get rid of my Facebook account, you ask? Because I'm addicted to playing Scrabble and I couldn't fathom getting through the work day without it. Priorities, people.

The only comfort I've found in dealing with everyone's pregnancy is that God has a plan and there's a reason that I lost my baby and that I don't have another miracle growing in me yet.

How do you cope with your loss or TTC when everyone around you is pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment