Wednesday, July 8, 2009

First Appointment

All went well at the first appointment. I went last Friday -- I was 6 weeks 2 days. Everything looked good and we saw the heartbeat flutter. I was a happy camper.

The doctor told me because we saw the heartbeat, I had a 92% chance of having a healthy pregnancy, but she then went on to tell me she was going to test my progesterone to see if it was high enough to sustain a pregnancy. If my progesterone level is lower than 5, I will definitely miscarry. If it's between 6-10, it's sort of up in the air. If it's 11 or higher, then the chance of having a successful pregnancy is VERY good. I got the bloodwork drawn on Monday and have another appointment to see my doctor this Friday. I'm keeping positive thoughts.

I learned during my appointment that the little things that made me nervous that I might be miscarrying are actually fine signs of pregnancy -- including cramps. The cramps are just the uterus expanding, allowing room for the baby. I was very happy to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment